Parkour Youth Competition
What is Parkour?
Parkour is a training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle course training. Practitioners aim to get from point “a” to point “b” using the obstacles in their path in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Parkour involves seeing one’s environment in a new way and imagining the potential for navigating it by movement around, across, through, over and under the obstacles on the course.
Ninja Lounge invites all parkour athletes to participate in our FIRST WFPF 2018 Parkour Competition, which will be celebrated at Ninja Lounge, 14401 NE 19th Ave, North Miami. This event will occur June 3rd, 2018. Winners not only have the chance to win a Ninja Lounge Gold Membership and a Trophy, they also get a chance to win a FREE SCHOLARSHIP for the USA PARKOUR CUP in January 2019 at the Sun Coast Sports Festival in Tampa! You will not want to miss it!!
A signed waiver is required: When you register we understand that your participation is voluntary and you have consulted your family and coaches.
5-6 Lil’ Ninjas
11-15 Young Pros
Speed competition– Students will give the task of getting from Point A to Point B as fast as possible.
Time will be added on time if students stray away from the given course.
Freestyle competition – Students will have up to 45 seconds to perform any tricks they want in a safe manner. They will be judged on Flow, Creativity and Technicality.
Competition PRELIMINARY Schedule:
- 8:00am thru 8:30—-Registration
- 8:30am thru 9:00am—-stretch, and warm up
- 9:00am thru 9:30am—Kids Group 5-6yrs competition.
- 9:30am-10:00am—Youth Groups 7-10yrs competition.
- 10:00am-10:30am- Teen Groups 14-16yrs competition
- 10:30am-11:30am— Freestyle 9-16yrs Competition
- Approval from a coach is required for competing in Freestyle event.
(Note: depending on our final amount of competitors, competition start times may change )
Judging Criteria: Free Style
Definition: “Movements that are considered particularly hard to accomplish”
Each competitor begins with a score of ‘0’.
For each somersault rotation the athlete is awarded a half point. (Double rotations / twists can
accumulate 1.5 points.)
Repeating movements achieves no additional score (unless for example a wall 360 is performed
on opposite sides).
– Judge discretion to award additional half point on any such particularly
difficult move / combination.
Working Example: 2.0:
Definition: “The actual carry out and delivery of the movements”
Each competitor begins with Execution score of ‘10’.
For each move, the judge determines if the athlete landed controlled or not.
• Good landing (can include hands down and/or roll) = 0 deduction.
• Stumble and hand down = ½ point deduction.
• Crash and bail = 5 point deduction.
Definition: “Consecutive movements without break in flow/movement.”
Each competitor begins with a score of ‘10’.
• 1 point deduction every time the athlete stops for a ‘noticeable’ period.
• 1/2 point additional deduction each additional second wasted at that spot.
• Note: shoe wipe / chalking of hands – judges discretion if excessive, may result in 1 or 2
point deductions also.
Ideally a judge would like to see an athlete that has planned his / her run effectively to ensure that
things such as chalking of hands are done prior to the run. Equally to see a competitor spread their
pacing and stamina to ensure endurance consistently throughout the allotted time period.
- Top place competitors 1st 2nd and 3rd for each competitive category will receive:
o First Place:
3 Month Gold Membership + Trophy + FREE scholarship entry to the World Cup (Parkidz and Young Pros)
o Second Place:
2 Month Gold Membership + Trophy + receive a 50% entry to the World Cup (Parkidz and Young Pros)
o Third Place:
1 Month Gold Membership + Trophy + receive 25% off towards entry for the World Cup (Parkidz and Young Pros)
*DISCLAIMER: THERE MUST BE 12 COMPETITORS MINIMUM FOR THE COMPETITION TO PROCEED. IN THE EVENT THERE ARE FEWER THAN 12 COMPETITORS SIGNED UP, WE WILL REFUND ENTRY.
For any questions, please contact us.
Director of Competition