Want to be the next Ninja Warrior Kid / Teen 2017?
Ninja Lounge ‘s Ninja program is proud to announce our third annual Ninja Youth Competition. This comp is intended for youth ages 5-17 years of age. The competition will consist of one round. The round will last approximately 2:30 minutes maximum per participant. Prizes and trophies will be given out to top competitors in each class. The purpose of this competition is to spread ninja fitness awareness and to help get kids more involved with obstacle course racing and athletics.
This competition is great for those mini athletes who enjoy a good challenge or for those who just want to keep active and have fun while staying in shape and challenging themselves.
If your son or daughter has ever wanted a “taste” of what it takes to be a Warrior and to be challenged my some of the obstacles here at Ninja Lounge, this is it! Take up the challenge — or fail trying!
When is it?
Saturday November 11th : 5- 9 years
Sunday November 12th : 10-17 years
Competitors will be divided into four separate age groups in order to ensure safety and competitiveness within a respectable limit to those at different ages. Group categories are listed below. (LIMIT OF 10 PARTICIPANTS PER CATEGORY)
- Children 5 and 6 years old
- Kids 7-9
- Kids 10-13
- Teenage kids 14-17
The round will be timed in which competitors will be traversing over obstacles as quickly as possible.
Round 1 will contain speed related elements including balance, strides, jumps, and light callisthenic movements. This round will be our elimination round in which only 5 participants will be allowed to make it onto the second round.
(Note: final competitors allowed for next round will be considered based on number of registered competitors.)
Round 2 contains challenging elements that require endurance, grip strength, upper body, and stamina. This round will be our final round in which only the top three will receive a prize.
- The quickest overall recorded time for round 1 and 2, will be our winner.
- Time penalties will be added 10 seconds depending on obstacle if an obstacle is skipped.
- If a competitor falls, a time penalty of 5 seconds will be added. However competitors with slower times and no falls/penalties will be considered for a higher place than those who fall and receive the penalty
- Three time keepers will be needed in order to ensure a proper recorded time for each competitor.
- A minimum of two floor staff members will need to be present as emergency spotters in the event a child falls or lands on an obstacle incorrectly.
- A detailed illustration of each round and each group will be distributed for the parents and spectators to view in order to ensure a clear understanding of the competition round routes, penalty assessments, and judging. Prior to the start of each Round.
- Competitor placement times will be displayed via ninja course monitors.
- Each participant should average around 2:30 minutes maximum per run.
- 8:00am thru 8:30—-Registration and orientation for all youth competitors’ ages 5-9 years old.
- 8:30am thru 9:00—-Course set up, stretch, and warm up period for competitive group ages 5-6.
- 9:00am thru 10:00—Ages 5-6 competition.
- 10:00am thru 11:00—Ages 7-9 competition.
- 11:00am thru 11:30am—Prizes 5-6 years & prizes 7-9 years
- 8:00am thru 8:30am—- registration/orientation for competitors ages 10-17 years old.
- 8:30am-9:00am—Course setup, stretch, and warm up period for all competitors ages 10-17 yrs old.
- 9:00am thru 10:00am—Ages 10-13 competition
- 10:00am thru 11:00am —Ages 14-17 competition
- 11:00am thru 11:30am — Prizes 10-13 years & prizes 14-17 years
(Note: depending on our final amount of competitors, competition start times may change. We may be able to complete certain aspects of this event faster which could lead to a better outcome. )
Prizes and awards
- Each competitor will be awarded for participation. (Ninja T shirt & bag)
- Top place competitors 1st 2nd and 3rd for each competitive category will receive:
o 3 Month Platinum Membership (Includes Kids Classes) + Trophy
o 2 Month Gold Membership + Trophy
o 1 Month Gold Membership + Trophy